Welcome to the Official home page of the Saraswat Samaj, UK.
What do we do?
The Saraswat Samaj UK was founded mainly as a social & charitable body to organise social and cultural activities for the Chitrapur Saraswat community by:
- Promoting the rich heritage of the community
- Organising social, cultural & religious events
- Encouraging the younger generation in understanding, appreciating, maintaining and furthering our culture and heritage
- Encouraging up-and-coming artistes from our community
- Responding to appeals in aid of Disasters
- Contributing to the local society by way of charity work
How can you get involved?
Membership is simple. Email the for more information. There is also an active Facebook group which you can join.
Note: You will need to be a member of Facebook to join this group.
The Samaj was formed in 1989 by Konkani speaking people who emigrated from India during the early 1950s and settled in the United Kingdom. Formation of this association was due to the enthusiasm of a small number of families. The aim of the association is to bring people of the Chitrapur Saraswat community together by organising cultural and social activities.
You might like to take a look at our sister community’s website at www.gssuk.org